Plant Operator Assistant
|Work Type||Full time|
|Job Role||Plant Operator Assistant|
Interested in developing the skills you need for senior roles in the quarrying industry? Like breaking rocks with massive machines? Want to get paid to ‘go to the gym’? Sound like you – read on!
Here at CRMC we’ve recently commissioned one of the most technologically advanced aggregate production plants in the country. It produces a range of crushed and washed aggregates and sands for our varied customer base. We are looking for someone to fill an entry level position on the plant and to learn from the ground up.
Key aspects of the role:
• Assist with day-to-day operation of the plant.
• Getting your hands dirty. This role is about being ‘out there doing it’. You can’t be afraid of a shovel and hose, as you will spend plenty of time driving them, and you need to be prepared for hard manual labour associated with screen changes and other tasks – your office will be your gym.
Key skills/attributes include:
• Fit and ready to get stuck in.
• You need to be self-motivated and reliable.
• Class 1 Licence.
• F endorsement preferred but not essential.
If you’re not already sold on the role – here’s a few more carrots:
• A foot in the door to the quarry industry and the chance to learn from the ground up. After you have gained a suitable level of experience you will be offered the opportunity to work towards your ‘B-Grade COC’ which is a foundation qualification for a career in quarry leadership.
• Market remuneration.
• Training and development.
• An opportunity to work with a great team.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full medical and drug test.
Applicants for this position must have NZ Residency or a valid NZ Work Visa.
If you believe you have all the right qualities to fill this role then please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be in touch if we wish to conduct an interview.