Heavy Diesel Mechanic/Service Person (Evening)
|Work Type||Full time|
|Job Role||Heavy Diesel Mechanic/Service Person (Evening)|
Christchurch Ready Mix Concrete Ltd is a well-established locally owned family business which has been operating in Canterbury for over 50 years. The company is made up of four divisions which are concrete, aggregates, civil contracting and a workshop delivering mechanical and engineering services.
We are looking for a Heavy Diesel Mechanic/Service Person who can work the evening shift from 3.30pm to 12 midnight.
Based in our Belfast workshop and part of a small team, you will be independently diagnosing, repairing, troubleshooting and performing general and preventative maintenance. In the Workshop you will have a wide range of gear to work on including, concrete mixers and pumps, truck and trailer units, earth moving gear and other heavy vehicles.
To be successful you will need the following skills and attributes:
• Trade qualified in Heavy Automotive – Plant and Equipment or Road Transport preferred
• Strong diagnostic skills (experience with electronic diagnostic equipment is not required)
• Health and Safety focused
• Good time management
Ideally you will:
• Take pride in your work and gain satisfaction from “a job well done”
• Have the ability to focus on the task at hand
• Have good attention to detail
• Class 4 and 5 Drivers Licence would be an advantage
In return we can offer:
• Competitive remuneration
• Medical insurance (after six months)
• An opportunity to join a great team
• Training & development support
The successful applicant will be required to undergo a full medical and drug test.
Applicants for this position must have NZ Residency or a valid NZ Work Visa.
If you believe you have all the right qualities to fill this role then please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
We will be in touch if we wish to conduct an interview.