Health & Safety Advisor
|Job Location||Christchurch City, Canterbury|
|Work Type||Full Time|
|Job Role||Health & Safety Advisor|
This is a key role, and we are looking for someone who can relate to a wide range of people, and effectively work alongside managers and staff to make a difference.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Be an experienced H & S Advisor and ideally hold a tertiary qualification in a related field.
- Have great people skills and the ability to communicate across our business.
- Have experience in overseeing H & S across multiple sites.
- Be confident to challenge the norm to ensure best practice is followed.
- Be adaptable and flexible, no two days will be the same.
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving using initiative and be ready to muck in and get the job done.
- Be highly motivated and passionate with a good old fashioned work ethic.
- Have good computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and H & S systems.
The day to day tasks will include:
- Engaging and communicating with our team to improve health and safety.
- Implementing improvements in H & S.
- Auditing compliance.
- Managing the H&S of contractors and relevant parties to ensure safety across our sites.
- Setting up and running H&S inductions for staff and contractors.
- Providing support & education to those on the ground.
We offer market remuneration, medical insurance after 6 months and the chance to join a great team.
You will need to complete a pre-employment medical and drug test.
For an informal chat about the role please call Sarah Watson on 021 223 4249 or email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
We will be in touch if we wish to conduct an interview.